Slip and fall accidents are accidents where you slip and fall while on another person’s property, causing yourself injury. These slip and fall accidents are pretty common. But whether or not you can claim, and receive, compensation for your personal injuries depends heavily on the circumstances of the slip and fall accident.
Slip and fall accidents can happen anywhere. This includes private residences, public sidewalks, parking lots, hotels, office buildings, stores, apartment buildings and more, Here are the most common cases for slip and fall attorneys in Fort Lauderdale.
* Wet or damp floors, recently waxed floors or overly waxed floors that make sliding a likely happening
* Carpets that are torn, worn, broken or bulging and therefore become a tripping hazard
* Rugs or mats with curled edges, worn spots, or holes with edges sticking that can create trips
* Carpet that has items caught in it that stick up and catch on shoes, making you stumble
* Stair steps that are worn and rounded and thus do not provide sure footing
* Stairs that are littered with debris on which you can easily trip
* Waxed or polished stairs that lack a non-skid surface that you might slide on
* Stairs with a missing or broken handrail, which leaves you with no safety hold
* Escalators and elevators that produce unexpected, sudden movements or jerks that can throw you off your feet
* Escalators that catch pieces of clothing causing you to tumble forward
* Ice that accumulates on the roof, then melts and drips off because of a clogged drain that the property owner has neglected to repair, then refreezes on the ground causing you to slide
* A slopping surface of a parking lot that causes melting ice to form puddles, which then refreeze into ice patches causing you to slide
* Inadequate outdoor lighting, which prevents you from seeing where you are stepping
* Parking lot flaws such as cracks and holes or uneven paving that can cause stumbles and falls
Of course, not every type of condition will lead to the property owner being held liable for your injuries. The liability of the owner depends on whether or not he or she took appropriate action to correct the problem. Or if the problem could not be corrected immediately, whether he or she appropriately warned people about the problem. For example, if a broken handrail cannot be fixed immediately then the property owner must put up a warning sign or block off access to that stairway. If the property owner did not take either of these actions, however, then he or she would be liable for your injuries.
The liability of the property owner also depends on whether or not he or she knew about the risky situation but did not fix it. In addition, there are also instances where both parties are to blame, a legal term called comparative negligence. In this instance, if an insurance adjuster finds that you are partially to blame for your injury, you will not be able to receive full compensation for your injuries.
Experienced Slip and Fall Attorneys in Fort Lauderdale
In all of these instances, you will need evidence that your claim is warranted. This is where an experienced slip and fall law firm in Fort Lauderdale can help. We at Abramowitz, Pomerantz & Morehead, P.A. have more than 25 years of experience in personal injury lawsuits such as slip and fall accidents.
And it doesn’t matter where your slip and fall occurred. It can be at a residence, a place of business or even a governmental office. All of these entities can be held liable for your injuries!
If you or someone close to you has been injured in a slip and fall accident on someone else’s property, you should consult with our slip and fall law firm in Fort Lauderdale to see if the property owner could be legally responsible for your injuries. Because there are time limits in which you, as an injured person, can file a personal injury lawsuit, it’s in your best interest to contact our slip and fall attorneys in Fort Lauderdale soon after your injury.
Personal Service and Top-Notch Technology
At Abramowitz, Pomerantz & Morehead, we pride ourselves on giving you our full attention when it comes to your case. We intentionally manage our caseloads so that you’ll think you are our only client! That strategy has proven successful in our over 25 years of being the top slip and fall law firm in Fort Lauderdale. We’ve achieved numerous multimillion-dollar verdicts and settlements on behalf of our clients over the years.
We guarantee that our slip and fall attorneys in Fort Lauderdale can do the same for you as you seek fair and just compensation for your slip and fall injuries. So give us a call today at 800-909-5529 to see how we can help you get the justice you deserve!