Broward: 954-572-7200 | Miami-Dade: 305-949-7100 | Palm Beach: 561-833-5544

News / Blog

What If I Am Awarded Damages In My Car Accident Case Will I Have To Reimburse My Health Insurer?

When someone’s injured in an auto accident and, ultimately, settles or wins a verdict and collects in that case and they’ve had their medical bills paid by their health insurance carrier, in most cases, but not all cases, but in most cases, that health insurance carrier will have a lien called a subrogation lien against the proceeds of that settlement. That subrogation lien would then be negotiated by your attorneys who are very often experienced in negotiating these claims to make sure that the claims are number one, valid and number two, to attempt to minimize the amount of money you pay back on those claims.