Broward: 954-572-7200 | Miami-Dade: 305-949-7100 | Palm Beach: 561-833-5544

News / Blog

My Physician Determined That My Injuries Are Permanent How Can I Protect My Future?

If you’ve received injuries from a Florida car accident that a physician deems are permanent, the Florida no fault statue allows you to then sue, or make a claim against the at fault driver, for any of your damages which come from pain and suffering. In other words if you’re going to have pain and suffering from a permanent injury for the rest of your life, you meet what’s called the threshold under Florida law to bring a claim against an at fault driver.
Then you are entitled to recover damages for the pain and suffering you’ve suffered as a result of being involved in an accident caused by another individual. In addition if you have a permanent injury, you also will be entitled, and you’re a working person, to recover your wages, if that permanent injury stops you for working for any period of time, or even for the rest of your life.