Broward: 954-572-7200 | Miami-Dade: 305-949-7100 | Palm Beach: 561-833-5544

News / Blog

I Think That My Attorney Has Misused Funds That He Held In My Name What Can I Do About It?

You should immediately ask your lawyer for an accounting of the funds that were in trust for you. You should take those documents and review them carefully and consult either your financial adviser or perhaps another lawyer to consider what exactly happened to your money. There are occasions where a lawyer pays bills on your behalf, for instance, to physicians in personal injury cases, which you agree to when you sign up to bring your case. However, there are many cases where a lawyer has funds in trust and has no option but to release them to you and you alone, and only you can safeguard that interest.